Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Wikis in Classrooms

Wikis in Classrooms

Because I am not currently a teacher I made my wiki http://edu255bfox.wikispaces.com/ to help fellow teachers in my EDU255 class. I know that classroom management is a huge issue with teachers regardless of how many years experience they may have. The purpose is to get all of the teachers in my class to talk about classroom management experiences, theories and to share what they find works and don’t work. In other words the ultimate idea is to get a collaboration of ideas for the betterment of our students.

I would like to add that I really liked working with the wiki. I see a lot of potential for my students as a future teacher. I will be teaching middle school or high school mathematics. I will definitely set up a wiki for my classes and have a formula page, a problem solving page, a collaboration of ideas, and maybe a help page where students can help each other with problems. My expectations for my students would be that only educational discussions take place on the class wiki. A teacher could also make this a part of their weekly assignment to share ideas on the best ways to work out different types of problems with each other and give points for participation.

No comments:

Post a Comment