Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Twitter



I have heard of Twitter but I have never looked at it to see what it is or what it is all about until now. Its target audience seems to be anyone and everyone who has a cell phone or computer. Twitter was created in 2006 by a man named Jack Dorsey. It is popular world wide. Twitter seems to be popular because it enables users to send and read messages known as tweets. Tweets are text based posts of up to 140 characters and are delivered to people who are known as followers. Twitter right now seems to be the only social network that is primarily done through texting. I might try becoming a Twitter. From what I understand you can set up your profile to have a circle of friends, similar to FaceBook or MySpace, and you can send tweets through out the day or when on vacation to keep people informed as to what your doing or what your experiences were for the day. You could also use this to see what other people are tweeting about in other countries, now that would be interesting. I wonder what people would have to say about their day to day lives in other countries compared to Americans?

2 comments:

  1. I have been using Twitter pretty successfully as a professional development tool. There are many many teachers, from every discipline, from all over the world, using this tool regularly. Like multiple times an hour! And they are all smart and all they are doing is sharing what they find useful. Pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely twitter, but whenever I do, there is something worth looking at.

    ReplyDelete